1. Recommend to Owner and Designer the separate contracts, which will
result in economy and efficiency, and with their concurrence, establish
2. Advise Owner and Designer on economy and ease of construction of
details, and review drawings and specifications as they are developed
to maintain cost control.
3. Prepare or assist in preparation of purchasing documents, as Owner
4. Advise Owner and/or Designer on long delivery items which should
5. Prepare lists of bidders for long delivery items, after Owner and/or
Designer’s approval, secure quotes, make spread sheets, and coordinate
with Owner and/or Designer for technical compliance with specifications.
Prepare purchase documents for Owner’s approval and signature.
6. Prepare estimate of bid packages based on working drawings and specifications.
7. Assemble bidding documents for the various packages/trades.
8. Prepare lists of bidders for the various packages/trades for approval
by Owner and/or Designer.