1. Assist the Owner in obtaining soils data and surveys, if required.
2. Investigate local construction labor and material situations which
might affect design, and advise the Owner and/or Designer.
3. Work with Owner and/or Designer on development of sketch plans and
outline specifications, and advise as to economy and ease of construction.
4. Prepare conceptual cost estimates.
5. Prepare preliminary schedule covering design procurement and construction.
6. Establish cost control procedures, and prepare Buying Control Schedule.
7. Conduct with the Owner a review, evaluation and determination of
all insurance requirements to be included in contracts.
8. Prepare and review with Owner: Agreement, General Conditions, and
Special Conditions for the Owner-Contractor contracts.
9. Prepare and review with Owner: Invitation to Bid, Instructions to
Bidders, and Form of Proposal.